Well today was my last day in Clinic. I got in this morning and people had brought in fruit, smoothies, cake, all kinds of stuff. After seeing my first few patients, my preceptor told me- "You know you have a 1/2 day today, right?" I DIDN'T know, but it was a nice surpise. Though when it comes to that clinic, I'd have gladly STAYED the other half of the day as a treat, not LEFT. I've so enjoyed working at the Clinic. It's the first time I've worked in a small, privately-run healthcare center and I have to say, I REALLY enjoyed it. PREFERRED it, even, to my past experiences working/ rotations in big ginormous corporation like hospitals.
I've mentioned to a lot of you over the phone in conversations about working at the Clinic here, how one of the highlights is the amazing murals they have on the walls and the patient rooms. Well, before leaving today I took a few pictures of some of my favorite patient rooms and the growth chart that is done very much in the same style as the beloved Australian 'gum drop' babies books of youth :) Like I said, if my doctors' offices were decorated like this when I was little, I'd have BEGGED to go to the doctor!
Well, up next is my "Clinical Project" rotation- which means I spend a week on Campus getting the in's and outs of my research project started under the direction of our new Clinical Research Team professor. Then, I'll be heading up to Alaska to work remotely on-line for the rest of my project details, and of course get to be with Ryan leading all the way up to Christmas! I'm sure that time will FLY by... but the week I have left here in Oregon before that happens, will absolutely drag on.
I'll be sure to keep you all posted from the road and all the stops along the way, as usual.
Have a great weekend!!!
xoxo
Mego
I've mentioned to a lot of you over the phone in conversations about working at the Clinic here, how one of the highlights is the amazing murals they have on the walls and the patient rooms. Well, before leaving today I took a few pictures of some of my favorite patient rooms and the growth chart that is done very much in the same style as the beloved Australian 'gum drop' babies books of youth :) Like I said, if my doctors' offices were decorated like this when I was little, I'd have BEGGED to go to the doctor!
Well, up next is my "Clinical Project" rotation- which means I spend a week on Campus getting the in's and outs of my research project started under the direction of our new Clinical Research Team professor. Then, I'll be heading up to Alaska to work remotely on-line for the rest of my project details, and of course get to be with Ryan leading all the way up to Christmas! I'm sure that time will FLY by... but the week I have left here in Oregon before that happens, will absolutely drag on.
I'll be sure to keep you all posted from the road and all the stops along the way, as usual.
Have a great weekend!!!
xoxo
Mego

No comments:
Post a Comment