Monday, March 19, 2012

A Few of My Favorite Things...

















































Oprah does it so why can't I??? and if I had a million (or maybe even just $2000 extra dollars) I'd buy ALL my fans (all 4 of you) ALL of the items you see here... just like Oprah! Cue your Oprah impression, Coco- you do it best ;)


Spring has sprung and here are my favorite random items to freshen up your life. Are 90% of them fitness related... maybe... is that surprising to any of you... probably not... do I care... nope :) hehe



1) Origins Make A Difference Toner- this stuff is AMAZINGGGGGG (Coco- cue Oprah voice at 'amazing'). I've been using it for a month now and it HAS made a difference in my skin! It's fresher, brighter, soaks up my moisturizer better. All around amazing. The kick was 1 week into using it a.m. / p.m. when I was talking to Ryan in the kitchen as I made din and he interrupted me to say "Why does your skin look so amazing..." When a 24 year old boy unpromptedly notices your skin, you've gotta an excellent product on your hands, my friends.



2) About Time Protein- this stuff is BOMB! Let's start off with the fact it TASTES GOOD!!!! And then move on to the fact that its all natural, no artificial anything! My fave flavor is "birthday cake'. Blended with ice, vanilla greek yogurt and almond milk it's like a shake! I also add it to my oatmeal to give it more protein and sweeten it without the added sugar. Now if only I could get them to sponsor me so I don't have to PAY for it... ;)



3) Compression Socks- I. love. these. I've never had a problem with 'cankles'... but these make a difference in ANYONE's leg fatigue during long days of running around at the office- OR during your work outs. You can wear them under your dress pants (or camo's in my case) at work and no one's the wiser as to why you have such a literal spring in your step! My amazing Mumsey got me a pair of these for Christmas and I cannot wait for NEXT Christmas to ask for more ;) They're a little pricey- but like I said, this is my Oprah Favorite Things List so price is no object people... haha



4) Yogi Tea- Let's not talk about the fact that none of the shittyass grocery stores in Virginia carry these teas, and focus on the fact that these are DELICIOUS and SOOOO good for you! (I've resorted to ordering them online because I can't live without them!) I am especially in love with the Egyptian Licorice and Aztec Sweet Chili (which may sounds weird but is a lot like a chai) versions. Warms you heart, body and soul! ommmmm



5) Levi's Bold Curve Jeans- FINALLYYYYY a label that has caught on to the fact that there are more than two demographics of jean shoppers (size 00 asians- I'm talking to you Forever 21) and plus size drawstring/ elasta-waist. Levi's has a line specifically for us chicks with ahem- developped- quads and glutes! Willing to give their ad a run for its money, I tried their no-gap "bold curve' jeans. They fit. like. a. glove! And cost <$50!!!!!! Thank you Levis... from the bottome of my, er BOTTOM.



6) Body Step- Ok, so how do I fill out said, Levi's Bold Curve??? Get into the gym! And what better way to do so then taking a fun class!!!!!! I know I'm biased because I'm an instructor myself but SERIOUSLY group fitness classes are so much FUN! Before you know it an hour has past and you've burned 600 calories! My current fave is Les Mills' BodyStep class at my local gym. It's part dance, part butt building, and all party! SOOOO beats an hour on the eliptical with that damn CSPAN on mute! arfarf My advice: find THREE classes a week at your gym and make it like an APPOINTMENT you can't break! Then, go to Macys and try on those Levis.



7) Honda CR-Z Sport Hybrid!- Since this is the Oprah list, everyone gets a new CARRRRRRRR (cue: Coco...) And right now, MY dream car is the worlds first 6-speed MANUAL hybrid. It's amazing on gas and looks sexy! Only draw back- no back seat - which is fine with my because bijoux sits in my lap anyway :)




LOVE YOU ALL!!!! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment