Saturday, July 24, 2010

Sorry it has been FOREVERRRRRR since I've blogged!It's been a wild, crazy, fun month to say the least! My days in the Clinic have been full to say the least. Which I TOTALLY don't mind. But it would certainly be made more tolerable if I had cell/internet service in the hospital. I could fit in so much more if I could jump in to check an email, text a friend back home, look something up online, (and ok, ok... I'll say it - update my facebook! hehe) in my spare in-between minutes. Instead I now have to save all of these activites for the end of the day - at which point I'm busy logging in patients, working out, or just out enjoying Alaska. So thus my internet usage has gone to the way-side.I only have two more weeks left at Elmendorf here, and it's hard to believe. I've really lucked out with having this rotation first. While it certainly has been challenging, I know if PALES in comparison to the cut-throat, uber-competitive rotations that my other classmates have already been on. I'm very thankful to have started out with a rotation that has let me ease-in to this whole clinical medicine thing.My preceptors here have been phenomenol. Sadly, my two favorite ones, will both be leaving this site. One will deploy to Iraq for 7 months starting in September (Maj. Spencer). And the other will retire next July (Maj. Kubly). I'd say 25+ years with the Air Force is a good run and he deserves it. But it bums me out that the rest of my classmates won't get to work with these two amazing people.I worked with Major Kubly this past week and on my last day with him he hooked me up with a giant grocery bag of Alaskan salmon and reindeer saussage and elk links. All caught/ killed by him of course ;) Ryan and I grilled up the salmon last night and it really DOES taste better than the store bought stuff. I'm so lucky to have such amazing and generous teachers. And even luckier to have someone to help me eat it all! :)My next rotation is Surgery in Portland. Two weeks out, and I still haven't sewn up my housing or living arrangements... I should probably get on that... And with my next rotation I'm sure I'll be bored out of my mind without Ryan and all these outside adventures and exploring to go on. So I anticipate a full return to blogging at that time.Stay tuned! And as my final days in Alaska (for THIS round anyway) tick by, I'll try to post more pics and snippets.Miss and love you all! xo Mego

No comments:

Post a Comment