
Well, my life as a Clinician started today... and I LOVEEEED it! The Family Medicine clinic is located in the hospital on base. And the facility is really nice. The people who staff it are even NICER! The Air Force doesn't mess around with let-you-get-comfortable-and-set-up... nope. Just go in there and get'em! ... and I LOVED it!
My preceptor is GREAT! He asks me questions all the time - not to pimp and intimidate me but to make sure I know and learn. I was SOOOOO glad that I got his first two quesitons right on my very first patient that I saw with him! I also named a drug out the BLUE (pharmacology is NOT my strong suit... since my hollistic suck-it-up-if-want-to-go-to-gymnastics-practice Mother never really took us in for anything... arfarf LOVE YOU MUMSEY!) I usually struggle with drug names even for the super common stuff but I some how pulled Ketoconazole out of the blue as the drug of choice for the ring worm patient I saw :)
My preceptor is on the go ALLLLLL THE TIME... I think I saw 11 patients with him and that was only for 3 hours worth! He normally sees DOUBLE that when I'm not following him around like a puppy dog, slowing him down. I did get to see one patient completely on my own today- but tomorrow I should be almost exclusively by myself. More exciting/ scary stuff to come... and I say, BRING IT! Sorry this post was so uneventful... hopefuly some more engaging stories tomororw :) Stay tuned for the next installment. Love you all! xoxo
Oh, and the photo of the day, is my official Military Badge! First of many I hope :) WHOOP WHOOP!

Tape...I mean RING WORM?!? :)
ReplyDeleteOMG, as I was reading this blog post, the first thing I thought about was sitting around Alyssa's table watching you talk Cait off the ledge about the supposed tape worm. Come here to comment, and of course there she is with the tape worm bidness. You two crack me up.
ReplyDeleteLoving this blog, my girl!